A lot of love going around regarding the return of the Rams to LA. My dad was born and raised in LA. I was born in LA and then grew up in nearby Central Cali. Some of my fondest memories growing up revolved around my dad and I watching games together (I kind of remember my dad complaining a lot lol). In 1995 the LA Rams had been really bad for about 5 years. It took me a while to decide if I wanted to stay a Rams fan when they moved to St Louis, but they won the first 4 games of the season which pretty much cemented it for me (I kept them). Of course they went on to lose the next 6 of 8, but there was no turning back.
So, my love for the Rams is not dependent on whether they win or lose (kind of a key condition to be a Rams fan). Now I find myself wanting to take a hard look at my team. What is the new location and all this positive mojo going to amount to in 2016? I really wish I was closer to the organization, but like most people I’m forced to do my own reading and analysis. And, I got to tell you that outside of Los Angeles there is not a lot of love for the Rams (with 1 exception):
- The Rams have one of the best Running Backs in the game in Todd Gurley (he is the exception; everyone’s high on Gurley). Depending on who you talk to he’s ranked as high as the number 2 or 3 best running back in the NFL.
- The Rams defense is ranked in the top 1/3 of the NFL, but probably not good enough to compensate for what could again be a very one dimensional offense.
- The offensive line is expected to be sub par once again. Combine that with a rookie starting QB and you have a potential recipe for disaster.
- Rookie QB Jared Goff isn’t exactly raising any eyebrows in preseason. His 2016 preseason QB Rating is a mere 60.8.
- All of the NFL ranking reports regarding entire teams has the Rams ranked in the bottom 1/3 of the NFL.
The future does look bright for the Rams. Moving to a big market means more money which should mean better players. I expect big things in the Rams future, but I don’t really see it happening this year. Here is my game by game forecast:
|Week 1: at San Francisco 49ers||Win|
|Week 2: vs. Seattle Seahawks||Loss|
|Week 3: at Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Win|
|Week 4: at Arizona Cardinals||Loss|
|Week 5: vs. Buffalo Bills||Loss|
|Week 6: at. Detroit Lions||Win|
|Week 7: vs. New York Giants||Loss|
|Week 8: Bye|
|Week 9: vs. Carolina Panthers||Loss|
|Week 10: at New York Jets||Loss|
|Week 11: vs. Miami Dolphins||Win|
|Week 12: at New Orleans Saints||Loss|
|Week 13: at. New England Patriots||Loss|
|Week 14: vs. Atlanta Falcons||Win|
|Week 15: at Seattle Seahawks||Loss|
|Week 16: vs. San Francisco 49ers||Win|
|Week 17: vs. Arizona Cardinals||Loss|
Looks like 6-10 to me, but I can’t wait to see what happens. Be faithful Rams fans. We’ll get there.