The first few times I saw Foles play (2012 rookie year) I was pretty critical. He looked really awkward and unathletic. But something else stood out; as unpolished as he was… he was making plays. Some how the ball got into the receivers hands and some how first downs got made. Usually, a guy like that disappears. You might see him again as a third stringer on a losing team and then you never see him again. But in 2013 he was back. Game after game he got better and better. Not being an Eagles fan, his situation there at Philly never really captured my attention, but now that he’s ours I wanted to check him out. Here’s what I found:
- He’s got solid college numbers. During his Sr year at Arizona he ranked first in the Pacific-12 Conference and fifth among all NCAA Division I FBS players with an average of 352.58 yards of total offense per game.
- He was the NFL 2013 passer rating leader
- He was selected to the 2013 NFL Pro Bowl
- After 3 years in the NFL he holds 3 records: 7 touchdown passes in a single-game (Tied), 27:2 TD-INT ratio, and a regular season 152.8 passer rating in a calendar month (November 2013)
- In the last 2 years he has a record of 14-4
- At 6’6 245 he’s a big presence in that Rams back field
Foles has a lot to prove in St Louis, but I think this is a very positive move for the Rams. Looking forward to 2015. Go Rams!!!