What’s up Rams Nation? Well, we have already broken the Rams vs Dolphins game down every which way and sideways. Some key points for a Rams victory:
– Someone needs to fill the productivity void with WR Danny Amendola being out (most likelies are Steve Smith and Lance Kendricks)
– The Rams piece meal O-line needs to keep doing a good job in protecting Bradford
– The Rams running game needs to make an impact
– Sam Bradford needs to be more accurate and productive
– Especially since the Dolphins don’t have much of a pass defense, we really need to stretch the field with a middle to long range passing game
– The Rams run defense needs to step up and contain Reggie Bush
– The Rams pass defense and special teams need to continue their very high level of play
– Another 9 sack game via the Rams D-line and compadres would be nice…
And I could go on, but that’s the basics. What else is going on? Well, Steven Jackson was not on the Rams injury report so everyone in Rams Nation is expecting good things from him tomorrow (since he is supposedly healthy now). The strange thing is that QB Bradford was on the injury report late in the week. No one knows which knee or what happened. I’m wondering if this is some kind of new secret code from Jeff Fisher. When he is down on a players performance or behavior does he just say they’re injured? It is a lot easier than explaining a benching to sports media. For example: When SJ was ‘benched’ a couple of weeks back due to a groin injury… an NFL Network analyst was on the sideline and was told he was fine. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow if Bradford is taken out during the game.
Good news related to injuries is that LT Roger Saffold could be back as early as next week. That dude has been used and abused this season. If I was him I might take a little more time in getting healthy. I’m not sure if this is good or bad news, but the weather for the game is going to be ugly. Rain, lightening, and 88 degrees F. I don’t care if you are familiar with Miami weather, this stuff will mess you up. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate. This could be a crazy game.
The Rams have a very tough schedule coming up (Green Bay, Patriots, and 49ers) so we really need to win games like this. Plus, it would be great for team morale to get a win on the road. Enjoy tomorrow’s game. Go Rams!!!