Bradford to Dolphins?

My sources (neighborhood dogs) tell me that the scent is in the air that Sam Bradford may be moving to Miami. Any why not? The Rams could use that #2 pick and get the magnificence that is Robert Griffin lll and at a bargain price too with the new rookie salary cap in place.

The Dolphins would get a talented if slightly damaged but repairable quarterback who still has years of potential. It could be a straight up trade for the Dolphins first round draft pick which could still net the Rams a top wide receiver or other position player. And Sam could get the sun, sand and pleasant environment he so richly deserves after an entire season of being beaten, battered and bruised, not to mention two seasons of coaching that ranged from dicey to horrific.

Jeff Fisher is saying no and every time he says no I believe him less. He’s a player and I’m sure he’s not going to tip his hand so easily. RG3 said “The Rams did not chat with me” but he was referring to the official discussions each team has with certain players during the combine. The Rams did not have a meeting with him there. But maybe he, Kevin and Jeff had a chat over nachos someplace else. It’s well documented that he has rare ability and rare potential. The guy graduated early from high school, early from college and was Student Body President. He’s a football phenom and a leader. And the Rams desperately need a team leader. (NFL roster = 53. Baylor University student population = 14,541.)

Sam Bradford, bless his heart, is just not a leader in that sense. He got his feelings hurt when fans (rightly) booed the team off the field. He’s an iceman but maybe too cold, too much without passion. And poor Steven Jackson…he’s the de facto team leader but I think a reluctant one. It’s just not his style. I don’t pick up any vibe from him that he wants to be a role model although he tries hard to fit that mold.

At the combine, sitting with the NFL Network guys at the desk, RG3 was intelligent, thoughtful and human. Even when the skinny white guy in the tie tried to poke at him for not throwing he handled it professionally with a healthy dose of football player when he admitted he was itching to get his hands on the ball. Rams need playmakers and Mr. 3 is a playmaker.

Let’s free Sam from his painful start in St. Louis. Get him away from the dismal Edward Jones Dome. Let’s see some pics of him throwing the football on the beach (off topic!) and let the Rams start completely fresh. Again.

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Rams Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

7 Responses to “Bradford to Dolphins?”

1. Beav says:

What your sources smell is bullshit

2. Mike says:

This is so stupid, I really hope this is a joke? This post just got Ramsgab taken out of my Rams info rotation. I really hope you don’t get paid for writing that.

3. Calvin says:

It’s stupid posts like this that really burn me up.I have always had respect of Ramsgab but now you are in the same league with “The Bleacher Report”.Didn’t you pay attention to what Fisher said last week.How Stupid!!!!

4. Matt says:

THIS is the exact reason I hope Bradford DOES get traded to Miami!!! People like you make me ashamed to be a Rams fan. The more of this “Sam bashing” I read here…the more of a Bradford fan and less of a Rams fan I become!!!

5. Steve G. says:

It amazes me how some people can think that this is a fantasy football team. And that a guy who we all were raving about after his rookie season bringing us one win away from a playoff birth and winning offensive rookie of the year, has all of a sudden become a bull shit trade topic for guys who just want to have RG3. i agree RG3 is quit the talent but fisher has said that he will be sticking to sam and has had many interviews with him to make sure he wasn’t damaged goods. As we all know the rams have not had any receiver help in a long time and with most of our receivers and olinemen going down with injuries, plus Bradford having to learn a whole new system with no off season to do so, plus it being josh mcdaniels complicated offense. I think we all need to take a deep breath and realize this guy can be good. You don’t throw 50 td passes and win a heisman if your no good.

Its posts like this that make me question how good our fans really are. I think its to to visit a new rams blog

6. Trevor says:

Shut up with the negative insults on this guys creative mind, people who posts responses like yours, disgust me.

7. Steve.G says:

People dont come to this site to hear about someones opinion on what the rams should do. I agree the amount of money we’re paying Bradford is ridiculous but there was nothing we could do to avoid that. The reason us “rams fans” come here is for rams news not for rams fans opinions.