Shop for Los Angeles Rams gear at

Kroenke Opts to Buy 100% Of Rams

At the 11th hour, the mystery man that held the key to the future of the St. Louis Rams ownership situation made his play.  And his play was not what everyone was expecting.  Stan Kroenke is activating his clause in his 40% ownership of the Rams that allows him to opt to purchase the rest of the 60% of the Rams if an agreement has been reached on a sale with another buyer.  That other buyer is Shahid Khan, who was spotted with Kroenke at a Nuggets game in Denver.

Speaking of those Nuggets, Stan Kroenke is currently ineligible to be a majority owner in the NFL because of the NFL’s rules of cross-ownership.  Kroenke is clearly putting in his bid and forcing the NFL’s hand by testing their rules.  Will the NFL block Stan Kroenke who has been an active, albeit minority owner amongst their fraternity for many years?  Will the NFL bend the rules to have the first NFL majority owner who owns sports franchises in multiple cities?  Will the NFL make Kroenke sell the Colorado Avalanche and Denver Nuggets?  All these questions will remain unanswered for now.

The only thing that is clear is that the battle for the Rams rages on.

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Rams Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

Leave a Reply