Shop for Los Angeles Rams gear at Fanatics.com

Rams to Interview Jim Fassel

All I can manage for this news is…blah.  Totally not exciting.

I guess we will see on Friday if Fassel is able to impress the Rams brass.

Here’s where Adam Schefter of NFL.com is reporting the news.  He must never sleep.

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Rams Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

7 Responses to “Rams to Interview Jim Fassel”

1. Brian says:

I think Fassel would be a good fit. He can bring in a good DC and he can work with the offense. He has the experience as a HC. As a Rams fan, i dont want to go down that road of hiring a HOT OC or DC, it didnt work the last time. He deserves another shot and I do understand he was fired by Baltimore, but he was running Billick’s offense and he was the goat in that situation.

2. Chuck says:

I completely agree with that… this rams team as is needs some experience… and fassel took over a similar giants team in ’97 taking them to the playoffs in his first season as HC. Now is not the time to roll the dice and see if a HOT candidate pans out. That formula blows up more often than not.

3. Jeff Roman says:

I think an experienced coach would be a good move for the Rams, don’t get me wrong. Jim Fassel also specializes in quarterbacks and could hopefully revitalize Mr. Bulger.

However, Fassel is not what you would call a sexy name.

4. Jeff Roman says:

The most important part is to get a coach that works well with GM Billy Devaney and his idea of where he (and the new coach) want to take the Rams.

5. Brian says:

What does sexy have to do with coaching. Look at Mangini and Crennel and how well these two great assistants worked out.

6. Colt says:

I agree, it’s not a sexy name and by no means is Fassel a hot commodity, but that may not be a bad thing. He knows how to coach, thats not debatable, and he knows how to hire exceptional coordinators (John Fox and Sean Payton… Payton was OC for Fassel long before he was for Parcells in Dallas). Kerry Collins was revitalized in his system, imagine what he can do with Bulger. This team in on the verge of needing to rebuild, if you hire an experienced and proven successful coach, re-building isn’t necessary. One more slip up with a “sexy” name that doesn’t pan out and it’s rebuilding and 3 more years of failures before the next “sexy” name surfaces.

7. Brian says:

I would think Fassel just wants to coach the team and let the GM do his thing. It is starting to show that HC that try and be the GM or make all the roster moves is not working out. I like the idea of him working with the offense and letting a good DC clean up the defense and lets face it, The Rams are not is the toughest division and could win next year.